What I do



A world of paper art and techniques: Origami, Gift boxes, Gift cards, Paper Jewellery, Marbled papers, Paste papers, Printed papers, Stamping, Itajime - Shibori, Suminagashi, Collage papers, Batiks, Recycling Basketry, Stenciling.

Note to readers and visitors

All images, texts and any other content shown on this blog is COPYRIGHT MATERIAL. The use of them for any purpose, modifying them or not, in a complete or partial way, is forbidden. If you want to use them elsewhere, please ask about it to my person by e-mail.

domenica 23 ottobre 2011

First Experience with Natural Inks.

Today I want to show an experiment I've done this weekend. It's about experimenting with natural inks obtained from some vgetables and flowers, as parsley, carrots, pumpkin, cabbage, eggplant, then mixed with water into glass pots. I added water to dilute the mixture and shaked the content very well until obtain an homogeneous mix.

I took my wash brush and put over the bristles an amount of the mix ink using a dropper. Then I brushed on the paper randomly until I see all the surface covered with the ink and the "waterous" color was completely absorbed by the paper. Then I laid the papers to dry slowly and naturally.

The result was a wonderful collection of 44 painted papers plenty of colors, like pastels!.









Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Thank you for your comment! This is the first approach to share opinions and experiences!